1. Among what I’ve skimmed throughout November 2021, I suggest these 5 books:
– How to Be Alone by Sara Maitland
– The Cult of We by Eliot Brown and Maureen Farrell
– The Comfort Book by Matt Haig. I picked this as one of the best books of the year. It was also nominated for the annual Goodreads Choice Awards in the Nonfiction category.
– The Art of Rhetoric by Aristotle
– Do What Matters Most by Rob Shallenberger, Steve Shallenberger
2. A Gen Z info: A 2017 study by University of Bath that looked at British, American, and Canadian college students, found that perfectionist traits were much more common than in previous generations.
3. An old news made new: A retired Russian admiral has alleged that the 2000 Kursk submarine disaster was caused by a collision with a NATO sub, an unproven claim that defies the official conclusion that the country’s worst post-Soviet naval catastrophe was triggered by a faulty torpedo.
4. A funny story: Dutchman Emile Ratelband, 69, asked the Netherlands court to change his age to 49, as he claimed that people could change their name and gender.
5. A chef tip: Cook fish in the cool water before it was boiled so that the fish would not smell and taste better.
6. A marketing note: It’s the gift-giving season, and I’ve recently seen those incredibly impersonal gift codes mentioned by Seth Godin.
7. An MV was shot inside the newly operated Cat Linh – Ha Dong MRT, and I could see the outside scenery where the train passed. When the train stopped at the Thai Ha station, I told my friends that I didn’t remember where Thai Ha was because I hadn’t been to Hanoi for a long time.
8. Speaking of music, is there a trend of Metallica covers lately? You might wanna try these renditions.
– Nothing Else Matters by Phoebe Bridgers.
– The Unforgiven by Cage the Elephant.
I myself prefer the latter.
8. Last but not least, there’s something really exciting happening, the World Chess Championship Match is going on in Dubai. Chess is my most fav sport to watch at the moment, and Magnus Carlsen is my most favorite sport player at the moment, so I really look forward to the games in the next 2 weeks.